Monday, December 14, 2009

Hanging Candle Lanterns

Today we took our 8-year-old girl to the movies. Has any of you seen Disney's The Princess and the Frog?




What a source of inspiration! The soundtrack is amazing! (I'm a jazz lover, and it's set in New Orleans, so you figure). However, above all, I found lovely inspiration for light decor.

There are plenty of images to choose from. Take this one, for instance. Notice the beautiful paper lanterns hanging from trees?




There's a gorgeous scene where the vodoo priestess sings to both frogs. I couldn't stop looking at the jars hanging from the branches with candles inside of them.

I've been trying to find that scene so I can show you what I mean, but I can't fin it. :(

However, all the images triggered my desire to use my collection of glass jars to make candles for my patio or living room. Apparently, many already use hanging jar lanterns at weddings.

Here are some of the things I found while searching for more inspiration on this project I plan on doing for the next time I have friends over for dinner.



courtesy of bridal daze



courtesy of etsywtf


courtesy of ehow


courtesy of weddingbee



courtesy of craftynest


courtesy of michellekaufmann

And as always... enjoy!

3 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I heard it was a wonderful movie. And I love those lanterns!

Unknown said...

I love these lanterns. I want to put some outside of my house once it warms up again. :)
I hope you get your package from me soon. :)
-Elizabeth

lemonologie said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I think I'm going to put some out in the spring!

LinkWithin