Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snowflake Ornaments



I love Christmas trees. The lights. The colors. The smell. The ornaments! Choosing the right ornaments for your tree is a must if you're looking for a matching decor in your home. A lovely Christmas tree isn't necessarily an expensive project. I like to see it as the perfect opportunity to get creative and see what happens.

These days I've been working on something special for our tree. Something that matches my pine cone wreath. So we're talking silver and red. Aren't they yummy colors for Xmas?



Making these ornaments for your own tree is as simple as 1, 2, 3. Ready to learn how?

1. Get the basic ornament at your craft store.
There are generally different options for you to choose.
Mine were 1 dollar each.

2. Paint the ornament (your choice of color).
I chose silver.




3. Spread glue and glitter.
Glitter should be the same color as the paint.







Ok.

I'll admit it. There's a step 4.

4. Hang it and enjoy!




P.S. This is an excellent DIY project to make with kids: it's both easy and fun, a perfect way to get them involved with the holiday decorations.
Hope you have a great day making them with your family!

8 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

That is so cute. I love the silver.
Thanks for posting to the party. I am following now and will subscribe if you have that feature.
Cheri

Flory said...

Great idea and I can do it with the kids. I don't do crafts for Christmas, but if it's this simple, I can handle.

Thanks for the follow! Following you back. :)

Anonymous said...

Loving all the glittery shimmery silvery loveliness!

blessings
mary

Rocio @ Casa Haus said...

Yes Flory, it's simple enough to be kid-friendly. Please let me know how it went. Happy holidays!

micah said...

Very pretty, great job!

Gypsy Heart said...

Lovely! Just found your blog and glad I did. :-)

Infarrantly Creative said...

OMG that is so awesome. I have seen those at my Dollar store but I never would have had the vision.

P.S. Do you know you have word verification on? Just thought you might not know.

Amanda said...

That's so pretty!

LinkWithin