Monday, November 29, 2010

Acapulco Chair

Straight from Mexico, meet the Acapulco Chair.

From unknown designer in the hip 60's, this chair is made of iron and is knit in an old Mayan fashion, similar to a technique used when knitting hammocks. The Acapulco chair is gaining popularity everyday thanks to it's spectacular design of simple lines and retro style. It has even been successfully presented in New York and Copenhagen.

I love it, as I love the memories it evokes from my childhood. :)


2 comments:

Casa Très Chic said...

I love those vintage Acapulco chairs, they remind me when I was a kid, they were very popular.
They are so stylish.
Nice post.
Hugs from Brasil.
Tereza

Unknown said...

aaaah no sabia que esa silla asi se llamaba, y claro que tooodo el mundo en méxico ha tenido contacto con una de ellas, a mi tmb me trae muchos recuerdos de cuando era niña... un beso rocioo!!!

LinkWithin