Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pom Poms Tutorial

As I told you, I made some tissue pom poms for the First Communion.
They looked really cute! 


This is my own twist on Martha's tutorial, so grab a pencil for my little tips.  :) 

My advice:

-Use TEN sheets of paper instead of eight.
Your pom poms will be fuller, and will remain open for longer. 
-Make sure your folds are 1 1/2 inches wide.
Narrow folds don't look as pretty.
-When you twist the wire, make a little hook (step 3).
It'll be soooo handy when hanging your pom pom.

-Half pom poms look just as cute for tables.

-You can use tulle fabric instead of tissue paper.

Have you made pom poms?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yo no he hecho pero desde que los posteaste me encantarooon!!! son una mega idea facilisima y el resultado es increible, un besote amiga!

Silvia C said...

Hi Rocio,
thanks for following my blog. I love yours! I've made these pom-poms but your method is so much easier! I'll try it next time.

Casa Très Chic said...

They are beautiful and turquoise is gorgeous.
Thanks for your comments on my blog.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs from Brasil.
Tereza

TrendRebajas said...

ya te sigo!!!
el proximo anio me caso en México (ya me case por el civil en Alemania) y creo que en tu blog voy a encontrar muchossss muchos tips.. e ideas =)

besitos de una paisana perdida en alemania

http://trendrebajas.blogspot.com/

The Single Nester said...

I love this and the color is great. Can't wait to try it!

LinkWithin